Paraprofessional License Requirements:
*Must be at least 19 years of age and show proof of one of the following:
Please refer to Public Act 101-0220 for changes made on August 8, 2019
Associate's Degree or higher; or
60 semester hours of coursework*; or
* which shall not include any remedial or developmental coursework that the applicant has taken
Application Process for Educator License with Stipulations - Paraprofessional - ELS (Para)
1. Individuals applying for an Educator License with Stipulations - ELS (Para) - must use ELIS on the Illinois State Board of Education website, www.isbe.net. At the top of the page, click on "System Quick Links" and then "ELIS: Educator Licensure Information System." In the Educator Access box, click on "Log in to your ELIS account." On the next page, on the left-hand side, click on "Click Here For First Time Access To The ELIS System."
2. On your Homepage, under your Action Center box, click on “Apply for a Paraprofessional Endorsement.” Continue the wizard. You will pay a $100 application fee, plus a service charge with a credit or debit card. *If you need help, please refer to the video How to Apply for a Paraprofessional License.
3. Official, sealed transcripts may be mailed to the Champaign-Ford Regional Office of Education at 3358 Big Pine Trail, Champaign, IL 61822, or the university may e-mail transcripts to Jennifer Diercks - email@example.com
Transcripts can also be mailed to the Illinois State Board of Education, 100 N. First St., S-306, Springfield, IL 62777-001.
*Please Note* If your name on transcripts is different from your current name, please send Jennifer Diercks an email that lists your maiden and married names, along with your IEIN Number. This makes it easier to match up the documents with the correct ELIS account.
4. Once the Educator License with Stipulations - ELS (Para)- is issued, You will need to log back in to your ELIS account to register the license. Registration is $5 per year. The registration fee is $25/$30, plus a service charge. Make sure to register your license in Region 09.